- Born June 1976.
- B.Sc., Korea Aerospace University, Mechanical Engineering and Design, 2002.
- M.Sc., Korea Aerospace University, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, 2004.
- Ph.D., Korea Aerospace University, Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering, 2010.
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Research Institute for Aerospace Engineering and Technology, 2011.
- postdoctoral Fellow, Technion, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, since 2011.
- Ramjet / Scramjet Propulsion.
- Hybrid / Solid / Liquid Rocket Propulsion.
- Combustion of Energetic Materials.
- Sounding Rocket System Integration.
- Catalytic Decomposition of Monopropellant.
- Kim, S., Lee, J., Kim, J., Moon, H., Sung, H., Kwon, O. and Kim, G., “Regression Characteristics of the Cylindrical Multi-port Grain in Hybrid Rockets,” J. of Propulsion and Power, accepted for publication.
- Kim, S., Lee, J., Moon, H., Sung, H. and Kim, J., “Empirical Estimation of Entrainment Regression Rate in Liquefying Solid Fuel for Hybrid Rocket Motor,” 47th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit, AIAA 2011-5823, San Diego, CA, 2011.
Kim, S., Lee, J., Moon, H., Sung, H., Kim, J. and Cho, J., “Effect of Paraffin-LDPE Blended Fuel in Hybrid Rocket Motor,” 46th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference & Exhibit, AIAA 2010-7031, Nashville, TN, 2010.