- Born in Israel in 1977.
- Sc., Technion – IIT, Aerospace Engineering, 2006.
- Master, Technion – IIT, Aerospace Engineering, 2008.
- PhD, Technion – IIT, Aerospace Engineering, 2012.
- PostDoc – McGill University, Monreal, QC, Canada, 2011-2015.
- Research Associate at the Technion since 2015.
- Metal-water reactions
- Metals as energy carriers
- Combustion of metals
- Aluminum agglomeration
- Solid propellant combustion
- Aluminum-water green propellants
- Aluminum-water for air-breathing applications
- Yavor, Y., Rosenband, V. and Gany, A., “Reduced Agglomeration Resulting from Nickel Coating of Aluminum Particles in Solid Propellants,” International Journal of Energetic Materials and Chemical Propulsion, 9, No. 6, pp. 467-482, 2010.
- Yavor, Y., Goroshin, S., Bergthorson, J. M., Frost, D. L., Stowe, R. and Ringuette, S., “Enhanced Hydrogen Generation from Aluminum-Water Reactions,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 38, 35, pp. 14992-15002, 2013.
- Yavor, Y., Rosenband, V. and Gany, A., “Reduced Agglomeration in Solid Propellants containing Porous Aluminum,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineerings, Part G, Journal of Aerospace Engineering, 228, 10, pp. 1857-1862, 2014. One of the top five most downloaded papers in 2013.
- Yavor, Y., Gany, A. and Beckstead, M. W., “Modeling of the Agglomeration Phenomena in Combustion of Aluminized Composite Solid Propellant,” Propellants, Explosives, Pyrotechnics, 39, 1, pp. 108-116, 2014.
- Yavor, Y., Goroshin, S., Bergthorson, J. M. and Frost, D. L., “Comparative Reactivity of Industrial Metal Powders with Water for Hydrogen Production,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 40, 2, pp. 1026-1036, 2014.