- B.E. in Chemical Engineering, Shivaji University, India, 2005
- M.E. in Space Engineering and Rocketry, BIT Ranchi, India, 2007
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur, India, 2015
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, IIT Kanpur, India, August 2015 – February 2016
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, December 2016 – Present
Awards and Recognitions
- INAE (Indian National Academy of Engineering) Young Engineer Award 2016
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation (GYTI) Award 2016
- SIIC Student Innovation Award 2015 for best thesis
- Young Associate of INAE (Indian National Academy of Engineering)
Atomization, Combustion, Gel Propellants, Multiphase Flow Dynamics, Non-Newtonian Fluids, Swirling Flows
- P. Mishra, A. Patyal, M. Padhwal. Effects of gellant concentration on the burning and flame structure of organic gel propellant droplets. Fuel, 90 (5), 2011, pp. 1805-1810.
- Manisha B. Padwal and D. P. Mishra. Synthesis of Jet A1 gel fuel and its characterization for propulsion applications. Fuel Processing Technology, 106, 2013, pp. 359-365.
- Manisha B. Padwal and D. P. Mishra. Effect of air injection configuration on the atomization of gelled Jet A1 fuel in an air-assist internally mixed atomizer. Atomization and Sprays, 23 (4), 2013, pp. 327-341.
- Manisha B. Padwal and D. P. Mishra. Interactions among synthesis, rheology, and atomization of a gelled propellant. Rheologica Acta. 55 (3), 2016, pp. 177-186.
- Manisha Padwal, Swarup Jejurkar, and D. P. Mishra. Experimental studies on bluff body assisted airblast atomizer. Atomization and Sprays. 26 (1), 2016, pp. 1127-1150.
- Manisha B. Padwal and D. P. Mishra. Experimental characterization of gelled Jet A1 spray flames. Flow, Turbulence and Combustion, 97 (1), pp. 295-337, 2016.
- Manisha B. Padwal and D. P. Mishra. Characteristics of gelled Jet A1 sprays formed by internal impingement of micro air jets. Fuel, 185, pp. 599-611.
Indian Patent filed for the invention “Two-Fluid Atomizer” jointly with Prof. D. P. Mishra (1551/DEL/2013 dated 23 May 2013, http://www.iitk.ac.in/siic/d/content/two-fluid-atomizer)